Re: PS Re: What is /usr/share/locale?

On 03/29/2010 01:10 AM, BeartoothHOS wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 16:43:11 +0000, BeartoothHOS wrote:
>

>> On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 23:15:43 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>>

>>> Yes, basically it does have to do with various language and regional
>>> support.
>>>
>>> But, of course, you shouldn't go about blindly deleting stuff since not
>>> all the files are owned by language specific packages.
>>>
> 	[....]
>
>> 	It also distinguishes between Installed Groups and Available
>> Groups; that may come in very handy.
>>
>> 	Many thanks, and wish me luck!
>>
> Post Scriptum :
>
> 	Here's a surprise. I started with a random single choice: "yum
> groupremove Venda Support."  It spat out the "Support" and removed three
> fonts -- or so it said.
>
> 	But when I repeated the listing command, all the other languages
> were also gone : no Arabic, Armenian, Georgian, etc., etc.
>
> 	The space used/available, according to baobab, remained at
> 2.4/1.2; but df -h showed a gain of 6 MB -- it's a start ...

When specifying names of groups with spaces in them you need to quote.

e.g.   yum groupremove " Tibetan Support"

And, FYIW, you can do

yum groupinfo "Venda Support" to learn what packages are in a group to
see what packages are to contained in the group.

FWIW, I tend to be "old school" and prefer to do things from the command
line as opposed to GUI where the actual mechanics are hidden from view.  :-)