PS Re: What is /usr/share/locale?

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 16:43:11 +0000, BeartoothHOS wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 23:15:43 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:

>> Yes, basically it does have to do with various language and regional
>> support.
>>
>> But, of course, you shouldn't go about blindly deleting stuff since not
>> all the files are owned by language specific packages.
	[....]
> 	It also distinguishes between Installed Groups and Available
> Groups; that may come in very handy.
>
> 	Many thanks, and wish me luck!

Post Scriptum :

	Here's a surprise. I started with a random single choice: "yum
groupremove Venda Support."  It spat out the "Support" and removed three
fonts -- or so it said.

	But when I repeated the listing command, all the other languages
were also gone : no Arabic, Armenian, Georgian, etc., etc.

	The space used/available, according to baobab, remained at
2.4/1.2; but df -h showed a gain of 6 MB -- it's a start ...