Re: [SOLVED] firefox profile synchronized w. unison cannot save anything

On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 04:53 +0000, Vitorio Okio wrote:
> Now I'm looking for a way to change my user name on Fedora without
> totaly screwing the system and the need to reinstall.

In principle, changing the name is trivial as long as you don't change
the UID and GID. The only places the actual name is stored is
in /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow, so the right UID/GID combo can be set up
when you log in. I say "in principle" since you might have used the name
in some script or other (e.g. rsync has an option to use the actual name
when copying files remotely).

It might be simpler to persuade Unison to map one name onto the other,
if such a thing is possible.

poc