Re: [SOLVED] firefox profile synchronized w. unison cannot save anything

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 23:02:16 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 02:10 +0000, Vitorio Okio wrote:
>> > I'm new to Fedora and cannot figure it out myself, need you help,
>> folks.
>>
>> I've solved it. The problem had nothing to do either with Fedora or
>> SELenux but silly me. :-)
>
> If you post a message entitled SOLVED you might give a little more
> detail. Saying "silly me" could mean anything at all.

Agree. You see, Gmane vanished somewhere in depth of Internet my first
SOLVED message with all details. I get upset about it and posted the
second one short... :-)  Sorry.

The problem was in different user names used under Ubuntu's and Fedora.
Firefox profiles were fully synchronized between systems. Now, Ubuntu's
Firefox Download Manager had its download directory set to something like
home/ubuntu_username/Download.  But Fedora's Firefox Download Manager
rightfully could not find such a directory, since it was supposed to be
something like home/fedora_username/Download.

To figure it out took a minute. I just started FF from terminal executing
[firefox -jsconsole] and then selected Save Page As...  The error message
was plain clear.

So, I wasted time just following a wrong assumption and looking totally
in a wrong direction. :-( This is why "silly me".

Now I'm looking for a way to change my user name on Fedora without totaly
screwing the system and the need to reinstall.