Re: Is KDE dead ? Was Re: Stable Release Updates

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 5:32 PM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> FWIW, I am happily running the last kde-4 stuff you shipped to F10.  Other
> than I can crash kmail by standing on the + key for a while, it hasn't
> dirtied its playground ever.  However, one of the more recent updates managed
> to kill OOo-3.2 and I had to remove it completely and re-install it to get
> the office menu's back.  Used to be that could be edited by mere mortals, but

What is the view of current users of KDE 4.4.0 in F12?  Is it now a
really good desktop that has everything a user could wish for, easily
customisable, and good support for plasma widgets, customised desktop
icons to launch programs, and easy to navigate to what you want to
run?

--
mike c