Re: Fedora 12 does not work after replacing the motherboard

Hello Tim,

Saturday, March 6, 2010, 10:19:11 AM, you wrote:

> If you have the ability, you can try getting the computer to output a
> log to a serial port, and have another computer monitor it while you
> crash it.  That's one technique to debug a computer that crashes very
> badly.

Thanks for the hint! That's an interesting idea. I do have a "proper"
serial port on the motherboard, and I can find another machine with a
serial port to monitor it.

But...

> Ask someone else for advise on setting that up, though.  It's a very
> long time since I've played with serial ports, and you probably do need
> a PC with genuine serial ports to try that.

That's the problem. I have no idea on how to configure a machine to
output logs to a serial port. And I don't really know what logs should
be put there.
'/var/log/messages' are being kept on the disk after a reboot, and it
doesn't contain anything wrong, in my opinion...

--
Best regards,
 Andrew