Re: partition customization ....how do I ???

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 23:20 +0100, birger wrote:
> We old-timers must not forget that times are a-changing. Hardware
> evolves. Old truths die. We must never think that just because we had
> the answers yesterday we still have them today.
>
> Me, I think that keeping my system simple enough that I can upgrade
> often gives me better performance than trying to tweak everything. Let
> there be as few surprises for the updates as possible.
----
this is especially funny considering that you are saying this to Gene,
the master of 'if it worked for him once, it will always be true' and
'overthink, overtinker, overreach every possible configuration option
and then bitch and moan about the problems that it creates down the
road'.

We are talking about the guy who builds everything as root, runs
everything including GUI as root, builds from tarballs and never
packages rpm's, compiles vanilla kernels without the redhat patches,
etc., uses samba instead of nfs to share files but still claims to not
use anything Windows, and as evidenced upthread, will spend endless
hours tinkering with partitioning because of self perceptive speed
improvements (no empirical tests mind you) and without bothering to
check if his hard drive is actually jumpered for the highest speed.

Thanks for the laugh

Craig

believed to be clean.