Re: package rollback

On 02/03/10 02:30 PM, Dj YB wrote:
> On Monday March 1 2010 21:32:50 Dj YB wrote:
>> hello,
>> yesterday I have updated kdepim related packages and many things are
>> missing but will be back in future releases, so I wish till that time to
>> revert to my old state.
>> how do I do that?
>> thanks in advance,
>
> trying to use yum downgrade kdepimlibs, require the removal of too many
> packages I have no idea why...
> please help, I really need to get back the older version before the last
> update.
>
> thanks,
> YB.
>
> [root@localhost djyb]# yum downgrade kdepimlibs

When you updated kdepim, you also updated other KDE libs. So the newer
version depends on the newer version of those libs, hence the long
dependency list. You could try giving all those dependencies in your
command like this:

# yum downgrade kdepimlibs <and all the dependencies>

That should take care of this.

Hopefully this helps. :)

--
Suvayu