Re: texlive 2009

On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 16:54 -0500, Kirk Lowery wrote:
> 2010/3/1 François Patte <francois.patte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > I would like to know if someone experienced to install texlive-2009 under
> > fedora.
> >
> > I am running fedora 10. On some computer I installed fedora 12, but in any
> > of these release texlive still remains with 2007 release.
>
> I run TL 2009 on Fedora 12. I don't use the rpms. They split up
> TeXLive in ways that don't fit my needs. Besides, I like having
> everything available so I can experiment. Disk space shouldn't be an
> issue these days, especially not for a desktop.
>
> Anyway, just download the installer:
> http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/install-tl-unx.tar.gz,
> unzip and run the script. Works great.
>
> Hope this helps.

A better way is to help with the Fedora packaging effort for
TeXLive2009.  Visit http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/TeXLive for
information on how to add the TeXLive2009 repository and install from
there.

The packaging work has been going on for a while, but wasn't ready in
time for F12.  It's targeted for inclusion in F13.

I've made the switch, and these days it seems to work pretty seamlessly.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu