Re: What driives me crazy about bugzilla [Making Progress]

On 4 February 2010 14:55, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes....  But, I think, is where the confusion came in.
>
> Even without the sftp.service file F11 would indicate sftp service
> availability.  But, in both F11 and F12 there does exist a ssh.service
> file.  So, apparently, the F11 client would presume that sftp service is
> also available since that is the same port as ssh.  Now, it seems the
> F12 GNOME client only displays sftp if it is explicitly indicated in the
> response.

In theory, you could almost "assume" that the SSH service being
available, meant SFTP was available as it's pretty unusual to disable
SFTP transfers via SSH. That may have been the old behaviour of Gnome
in F11.

However, the "correct" behaviour is not to make assumptions and only
show the services that are advertised.

I see in a slightly different thread that we're talking about
Bugzilla'ing this against Nautilus in F12 - I'm not sure that this is
correct. If anything it's a bug against Nautilus in F11 which has
already been corrected.

--
Sam