Re: Demand for LUKS password blocks boot

Bryn M. Reeves wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 19:45 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>> From:
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Dracut/Options#crypto_LUKS
>>
>> Pass: rd_NO_LUKS to your kernel boot line.
>
> But that doesn't seem to help if you have LUKS devices that you do want
> activated during boot (I haven't tested so could have the wrong end of
> the stick).
>
> Seems like there may be a need to have configured LUKS volumes block the
> boot process but not stuff that gets autodetected during boot, at least
> as a switch for the admin to decide..

If you go to that wiki link, you'll find that the next option after
rd_NO_LUKS is:

    rd_LUKS_UUID=<luks uuid>
    Only activate the LUKS partitions with the given UUID

It's not obvious how to supply multiple UUIDs, but a little
experimentation would probably reveal that.

                 Do NOT delete it.