Demand for LUKS password blocks boot

In my Fedora 12 system, if an external LUKS encrypted volume happens to be
connected to the system while it is booting, the boot sequence blocks
waiting for the password.  This means that my system cannot boot unattended
(perhaps following a power failure) if an encrypted external drive happens
to be connected.  This is completely unacceptable.  How can I get the
system to ignore this unnecessary external volume during boot?  This could
be any random device, so I can't set up a rule to ignore specific device
identifiers.

                 Do NOT delete it.