Re: Can't ssh to machine after re0installing as F12

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 09:46:23 +0100,
  François Patte <francois.patte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In this case, I think that Selinux is the culprit: I had this problem
> too: You can ssh "classically" (ssh john.Doe@xxxxxxxxxxx, then give
> password), but not using DSA public key authentication.

Even if that is true, you want to first recommend changing to permissive
mode. Otherwise you leave files improperly labelled and need to do a full
relabel to set things straight again.

> The OP remains free to re-enable Selinux after finding the good Selinux
> rules to solve the problem.

But it takes a lot longer to do this if you have disabled it rather than
used permissive mode.