Cannot boot into new kernel after first post-install Fedora 12 update

This is on a Fedora 12 i386 system (new install from DVD).  On doing online update (though PackageKit module) and selecting all updates (about 850 MB) , on rebooting, I find that I cannot boot into the new kernel. Though the new kernel with images are there in /etc/boot it still boots into the old kernel:

New - 2.6.31.9-174.fc12
Old - 2.6.31.5-174.fc12

I had selected all packages (green, orange, red) from the Update Applet window.

The contents of the /boot dir are as in this image: http://www.imagebam.com/image/a17ab164358024

Any suggestions on how to proceed. or anybody else with a similar problem w/ a wrokaround ?

Thanks,

Jay

--
Linux User 483705 @ http://counter.li.org/ (Linux Counter)