Re: F12 how to make wireless printer work - HP Photosmart Plus B209a-m

Jatin K wrote:
> On 01/18/2010 01:02 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>> Jatin K wrote:

>>> why obtain IP automatically ..???  just configure static IP in printer
>>>

>>> why  use windows ??? if you have a gate 8-)
>>>

>> This isn't my printer...and I didn't download the manuals.  However, Sam
>> did research and came to that conclusion.
>>
>> So, if you have specific information to add please do.   Since the OP
>> has his printer up and running I think it is done so maybe he doesn't
>> care any more.
>>

> simple way to do is just configure the static IP in printer .... and add
> that network printer to linux thats it !!

That, my friend, is not "specific" information.  Do you set the IP
address via an admin web interface to the printer?  Do you set if via
the printer's control panel?  Don't forget, this is a wireless printer.
So, one needs to set up the SSID and WEP/WAP if used.

--
DYSLEXICS OF THE WORLD, UNTIE!