Re: F12 how to make wireless printer work - HP Photosmart Plus B209a-m

Barry Yu wrote:
> Would appreciate any input that can enable me in F12 to make use of
> wi-fi printer HP Photosmart Plus B209a-m, when connected with usb
> cable it works fine but can't setup the wireless connection.
I don't know if my experience with my HP PSC 2510 would be any help.....

But, it has 3 connections possible.  USB, wired network, or Wifi.  The
documentation on the printer indicated the default IP address on the
wired connection.  I connected the printer to my system ethernet to
ethernet and pointed my browser at it with http://192.168.1.1/  (I'm
guessing at the IP address).  Then I simply used the web admin interface
to configure the wifi stuff...including WEP.

So, the printer ended up with an IP address and was pingable from
anywhere on my LAN.

I then used the tools from hplip package to create the needed devices in
F12.

--
modem, adj.: Up-to-date, new-fangled, as in "Thoroughly Modem Millie."
An unfortunate byproduct of kerning. [That's sic!]