Re: NetworkManager defaulting to Wireless

On Thursday 14 January 2010 10:34:41 Enrico Indiogine wrote:
> Hi Armelius!
>
> 2010/1/14 Armelius Cameron <armeliusc@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > I have a fresh installed F12 on my machine. For some reason, the
> > NetworkManager always prefer to connect to Wireless network rather than
> > to using the ethernet connected cable (System Eth0). Even when before
> > turning on the machine, I already plug in the ethernet cable, after
> > logging in to KDE the NetworkManager still picks the wireless connection.
> > I have to manually disconnect from wireless, and choose System Eth0
> > everytime to use the ethernet.
>
> I have a HP G60-535DX and both wireless and ethernet are on by
> default.  I have to manually uncheck the wireless button with
> NetworkManager applet.  This seems to be the same problem that you
> have.

Well, in my case it doesn't even connect to ethernet, although NetwokManager
shows it as available. I have to manually click "System eth0", and then click
"Disconnect" from the whatever connected wireless.

I don't want to uncheck the wireless button since I do want that option
available in the case that I decide to unplug my laptop and roam. Furthermore,
when I unplug the ethernet, it wont automatically connect to the wireless. I
have to manually click the wireless. IIRC F8 of F10 does that correctly.
--
AC