Re: NetworkManager defaulting to Wireless

Hi Armelius!

2010/1/14 Armelius Cameron <armeliusc@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I have a fresh installed F12 on my machine. For some reason, the
> NetworkManager always prefer to connect to Wireless network rather than to
> using the ethernet connected cable (System Eth0). Even when before turning on
> the machine, I already plug in the ethernet cable, after logging in to KDE the
> NetworkManager still picks the wireless connection. I have to manually
> disconnect from wireless, and choose System Eth0 everytime to use the
> ethernet.

I have a HP G60-535DX and both wireless and ethernet are on by
default.  I have to manually uncheck the wireless button with
NetworkManager applet.  This seems to be the same problem that you
have.

I have to install the compat-wireless driver.  I will see what happens
after that.

Enrico

--
Enrico Indiogine

Mathematics Education
Texas A&M University

Email: hindiogine@xxxxxxxxx
Skype: hindiogine
Website: http://www.coe.tamu.edu/~enrico

"Rien ne va de soi.  Rien n'est donné. Tous est construit."   Gaston
Bachelard, 1934