Re: [Bulk] Re: Brother DCP 7020 printer receiving data but not printing ?!?

On Tue, 2010-01-12 at 11:50 -0500, William Case wrote:
> Small nitpick/bug.  The little popup for root's password doesn't have
> the cursor focused in the password field like the other administration
> apps do.  When your screwing around a lot with printing like I was, it's
> annoying to have to keep typing your password twice (first automatically
> by habit, then again after one realizes the cursor isn't focused).

I think you mean the PolicyKit dialog, which says things like
"Privileges are required to get devices." and "An application is
attempting to perform an action that requires privileges."

In that case, do you mean that the window is not brought to the front,
and instead is hidden behind other windows?  I believe this is a
PolicyKit problem: there is no way for the client (system-config-printer
in this case) to indicate to the dialog which window has "caused" the
authentication dialog, and I think causes the window manager to prevent
it from "focus stealing".

Or did you mean some other dialog, or some other problem?

Tim.
*/