RE: Problems with ATI Raden 4550 dirver

/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default is where I replaced a file and edited it to fix my resolution problem i had i dont think u hav a resolution problem but i think that there may b a folder for the KDE desktop  suck as /etc/kdm/PreSession/Default   and the Default would b the file to edit as i hav edited mine in the gdm/PreSession folder may help u u can also look at the file n find out how to switch it to ur prefered resolution   mine is 1440x900 so if u run that file thats wat ul get but it adds more resolutions that jus that  hope this helps some way