Re: Adding a soundcard to FC12

On 11/30/2009 05:24 AM, Pauls Lists wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am currently using a Plantronics C60 headset on my Fedora box. However I
> do have a realtek intergrated soundcard that I would like to use from time
> to time on the same computer. After having checked out the sounds output
> page in the preferences menu of FC12 there is only mention of the C60 device
> and no mention of the realtek device there. How can I go about setting up my
> realtek card in FC12?. This machine is a duel boot PC with windows XP and
> the realtek card is working fine in there so am sure that it would appear to
> be working okay.
> If someone can give me some easy to follow advice on how to add in my
> realtek card that would be great.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Paul.

Dumb question - is your BIOS set to disable the on-board sound card
when it detects another sound card? (Or is it turned off in the BIOS?)

You normally would not have to do anything to add the sound card. As
long as Linux can detect the card, it should configure it for you.
You can also run lspci and see if the sound card is shown.

Mikkel