Re: Creating a local RPM repository

psmith wrote:
On 07/11/09 13:30, Timothy Murphy wrote:
n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 wrote:

There is an application called createrepo available which will create
the repo based on then RPMs in a directory. This should be a good place
to start. I've used it before with any problems.
But couldn't yum just have an option to look for RPMs on the local network?
Ie look first in local cache, then on LAN, then at remote repo.
I would have thought that would be easy to implement.

there is, just put all of the repo's you want to use in /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo and give each one the correct priority that makes them get chosen in the order you want :)

If you had intended to help, you should have noted that he needs yum-plugin-priorities (or did the last time I did it).

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>