Re: Creating a local RPM repository

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 20:05:23 -0500
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> psmith wrote:

> >> But couldn't yum just have an option to look for RPMs on the local
> >> network?
> >> Ie look first in local cache, then on LAN, then at remote repo.
> >> I would have thought that would be easy to implement.
> >>

> > there is, just put all of the repo's you want to use in
> > /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo and give each one the correct
> > priority that makes them get chosen in the order you want :)
> >
> If you had intended to help, you should have noted that he needs
> yum-plugin-priorities (or did the last time I did it).

Another way to do this is to set the cost for each repository.  The
default cost is 1000 so if you set it less than that, it will be used
before anything else.  If  you set it more than that it will be used
after everything else.  e.g. put cost=500 in the local repository file
in /etc/yum.repos.d or description in /etc/yum.conf to use local files
first.
See   man yum.conf  though it doesn't say much more than I've said here.