Re: Affraid to Upgrade from FC9 to FC12

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2009 4:08 AM
Subject: Re: Affraid to Upgrade from FC9 to FC12

On 11/12/2009 08:58 AM, Kevin O'Neil wrote:
Greetings everyone,
I am hoping that someone can help me decide if I should upgrade or not. I am very afraid to upgrade when FC12 comes out because I have tweaked almost every part of FC9 to get it to work the way I want. It works 110% right now. Is there a security issue that I should be aware of?
I really am looking forward to some of the new features, but like the old
saying goes "If it aint broke, don't fix it".
Thanks,
Kevin
Would it be possible to install another hard drive and fresh install F12
on that, tweek it, get it how you want then copy your files over, then use
the F9 hard drive as a back up.
Roger
I think I will try that. I have a secondary server on ready and will use
that as my primary then upgrade the real one to 12 and see what needs to be
changed. This is the first time I upgraded anything. I used to work with
fc3...I still have the bible for it...lol
I did a complete install of 9 when it came out and have been using that
since. Like I said, I think I changed every file in the machine to my
liking.
I will do this and see what happens.

Thanks,
Kevin