Re: privoxy conundrum [solved]

Frank Cox wrote:

> [google-analytics.com is] included in my user.action
file. and it hasn't caused any problems yet
> that I'm aware of.

I have removed ssl.google-analytics.com from the sites
that bypass privoxy, but to be safe, I did make an
entry to refuse cookies.

I checked your user.action file and added a { +block }
section with .google-analytics.com beneath -- the only
deviation from the stock file provided by the package,
and now it all seems to work!

I can log out of google, I can check my pcpoints...

I must have had an obscure error in my original file,
which was the stock file, like yours, plus a couple of
sites to expressly block, again, like yours. As a
result of this experimentation, I have noticed that it
is not necessary to block all of those sites at all,
as the standard user.action already does it without
further ado.

==

I had a look at customizegoogle, but I pass. Thanks for
the suggestion, but I prefer to avoid installing
scripts and firefox addons, etc., that do not originate
from reputable sources like fedora, mozilla, etc.

In any respect, *it works!*

Merci and Happy Thanksgiving Day.