Re: Viewing answers to one's nntp posts in Thunderbird

> gilpel@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>>> And you could set a rule to highlight your own messages, making them
>>> stand out in the list.
>>>

> First....the above illustrates again the issue with how your replies are
> "broken".  I did not say "And you could set...".  You are replying to a
> message from "Tim" who replied to message from "Me".

Absolutely. That's how I see the threading here. The problem is altern
doesn't add "Ed Greshko wrote", he must add it by hand every this and,
this time, I forgot. Proof: As you can see, the first line is

> gilpel@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

and I wasn't replying to myself.

  So, "Tim" should
> have been attributed with the "And you could set...".
>> This looks like a partial solution. In Thunderbird:
>>
>> Tools => Message Filter
>>
>> Create a filter on your name and tag it the color you want, say
>> important
>> = red
>>
>> Run filters on Folder in the Tools menu doesn't work. So, make a search
>> on
>> your name in every folder and mark as Important. New incoming messages
>> will be marked Important automatically.

>> Whenever you want to see answers to your posts, go to View => Watched
>> threads with unread. Then, scroll down the hundreds of messages to find
>> yours and take a close look to see if you don't have some unread
>> answers.
>>
>> After you're finished, go to View => Threads => All.
>>
>> //////////////////
>>
>> Better than nothing, but rather painful. I doubt it will ever be a
>> popular
>> method for reading the news.
>>

> I haven't been able to fully grasp what problem you are having or trying
> to define and solve.....
>
> However, it seems to me that the "problem" is...there may be a thread
> started by one person (not you) and you reply to one post within that
> thread and wish only to see messages related to your post within the
> thread.  If that is it, then no there is no concept of "sub-treading".

Now you're getting to it.

> Frankly, there is simple solution to the "problem".  Since you seem
> uninterested in the general thread and what others may or may not have
> said within the thread as it doesn't relate to your comments...

That's not the point. When a thread has hundreds of posts, the discussion
often becomes irrelevant to the original post and then you have to find
out answers to your posts among hundred of posts. So, sometimes, you miss
some relevant answers to your posts, which is not very nice to people who
took time to answer you.

But you like worst case scenarios in which people are only selfishly
interested to answers to their own posts, don't you?