Re: Viewing answers to one's nntp posts in Thunderbird

gilpel@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> and I wasn't replying to myself.

It seems you SquirrelMail/1.4.5.  Your ISP does provide POP/IMAP service
and you may be better served using that with a chosen email client.  I
say this since it is a pity that what you are using may lead to
confusion about what you said v.s. what other folks said if these
messages are read in an non-threaded environment.

>> Ed.Greshko wrote:
>> I haven't been able to fully grasp what problem you are having or trying
>> to define and solve.....
>>
>> However, it seems to me that the "problem" is...there may be a thread
>> started by one person (not you) and you reply to one post within that
>> thread and wish only to see messages related to your post within the
>> thread.  If that is it, then no there is no concept of "sub-treading".
>>

> Now you're getting to it.
>

>> Frankly, there is simple solution to the "problem".  Since you seem
>> uninterested in the general thread and what others may or may not have
>> said within the thread as it doesn't relate to your comments...
>>

> That's not the point. When a thread has hundreds of posts, the discussion
> often becomes irrelevant to the original post and then you have to find
> out answers to your posts among hundred of posts. So, sometimes, you miss
> some relevant answers to your posts, which is not very nice to people who
> took time to answer you.

AFAIK, there is no way for any user agent to determine which messages
within a given thread are relevant or irrelevant.  Can you define what
logic would be used to make that decision in order to determine which
messages to present to you?
> But you like worst case scenarios in which people are only selfishly
> interested to answers to their own posts, don't you?

I have no idea what you mean....

--
You should emulate your heros, but don't carry it too far. Especially if
they are dead. Guess Who! http://tinyurl.com/mc4xe7