Re: Viewing answers to one's nntp posts in Thunderbird

On 03Oct2009 23:55, gilpel@xxxxxxxxxx <gilpel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| > gilpel@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
| >> Is it possible to only view answers to one's usenet posts in
| >> Thunderbird,
| >> and those of a few other posters, if possible.
| >>
| >> Is it possible with any other newsgroup reader?
| >>
| > Seamonkey allows marking a thread as "watched" and viewing only "watched
| > threads with unread posts" for nntp
|
| The problem is the thread sometimes has hundreds of posts and you might
| have 10. They're hard to find. Of course, you may make a search on your
| name, click one post and see if you have any answer. And so on for each
| and every of your posts, but it's rather painful, mainly that you might
| also want to check the answers another poster receives.

In mutt you can find messages posted by yourself which have been replied
to. A quick '/~P~Q' (search for messages from me that have been replied
to) will find your message, and the replies are then immediately
available. Of course you will want to turn on "thread" view.

Mutt is mostly a mail reader, but it has an NNTP patch too.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

During the Winter of '82-'83 I heard someone ask Kenny Roberts what he
thought of the Honda GP bikes.  Kenny said "Well, they're heavy, but
they're slow."  - roserunr@xxxxxxxxxx