Re: Power cut woes

Mikkel wrote:
What I would probably start with is boot to run level one, and run
"rpm -Va | less". It may appear to sit there doing nothings, because
this command only produces an output if it finds a mismatch. If you
want to see what it is doing, you can add a -v to the command. (rpm
-Va -v | less) But this produces a LOT of output, and makes it
harder to spot bad files.

Ah, handy command. It dumped a fair bit, including some pam and openldap stuff. I reinstalled these and a few other packages but unfortunately the system still fails to boot properly. I've spent enough time on it now so I'm just going to declare defeat and nuke it.

-Phil