Re: Munged Headers....

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 16:02:32 +0800,
  Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you actually look at Frank's email you'd see the entire text portion
> is enclosed in quotes and

Quotes don't effect rfc 2047 quoted material.

> If I go to his original email, TBird displays and replies to it
> correctly as do the 3 other user agents I've tried.

His header incorrectly used rfc 2047 quoting. Different clients display
bogus data differently. Look at the rfc and the actual header and you can
confirm that it is not correctly using rfc 2047.

> So, not only is your stripping of headers improper, mutt seems broken as
> well....

Mutt is one of the best rfc conforming email clients.

> (Damn....just noticed I was replying just to you again....glad I saw
> it....will have to adjust filters soon....)

That is because you are using the wrong reply command. Normal reply is
supposed to reply just to the person who sent the message.

Please do. The sooner the better.