Re: Munged Headers....

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 16:02:32 +0800,
>   Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> If you actually look at Frank's email you'd see the entire text portion
>> is enclosed in quotes and
>>

> Quotes don't effect rfc 2047 quoted material.

Too bad you continue to miss any salient point....   Forget about 2047
for a moment

To: "Rabbit, Duck, Stuffed" <place@xxxxxxxxxxx>

And your mutt ended up putting it in Cc: as....

Cc: Rabbit, Duck, Stuffed <place@xxxxxxxxxxx>

The "Rabbit, Duck, Stuffed" needs to be treated as one item....  As I
said, TBird and 3 other treated the reply to Frank's email
correctly.....and even knew how to parse the rfc 2047.  Your mutt broke
it....   I'm sorry you can't see that...

>> If I go to his original email, TBird displays and replies to it
>> correctly as do the 3 other user agents I've tried.
>>

> His header incorrectly used rfc 2047 quoting. Different clients display
> bogus data differently. Look at the rfc and the actual header and you can
> confirm that it is not correctly using rfc 2047.
>

>> So, not only is your stripping of headers improper, mutt seems broken as
>> well....
>>

> Mutt is one of the best rfc conforming email clients.

Maybe it is, out of the box.

>> (Damn....just noticed I was replying just to you again....glad I saw
>> it....will have to adjust filters soon....)
>>

> That is because you are using the wrong reply command. Normal reply is
> supposed to reply just to the person who sent the message.
>
> Please do. The sooner the better.

Yes, I will....  Too bad it will involve added a certain sender to my
kill file so I don't have to remember to fix the crap being sent.

As I said before *YOURS* is the *ONLY* emails causing problems....

I am sure you believe you are correct....and will continue to do so.
Best of luck to you....

--
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." - Bert Lantz Guess Who!
http://tinyurl.com/mc4xe7