Re: evolution to exchange server

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 2:02 AM, Matthew Saltzman <mjs@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 23:11 -0400, Mail Llists wrote:
>> On 09/24/2009 10:28 AM, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
>>
>> > The basic way to configure any of these is: install the plugin RPM,
>> > restart evolution, create an account and select Brutus (or Exchange or
>> > MAPI, resp.) as the server type.  You'll need some information about
>> > server URLs, which your admins can supply.  In particular, the Brutus
>> > setup asks for a port, but nobody I've asked seems to know what the
>> > right port is.
>> >

>>   I need to connect to exchange 2007 - with no imap. In my experience.
>>
>>    a) thunderbird does not work.
>
> Correct--no MAPI. no OWA.
>

>>    b) evo with owa does not work (it scrapes things based on older owa)
>
> Correct again.
>

>>    c) evo-mapi - kind of reads some mails - but crashes doing almost
>> anything (like copying mails). It also was unable to send any mails to
>> any exchange user - mail stays in outbox - oddly it works perfectly well
>> sending mail to anyone outside address!
>
> evo-mapi is probably the future, but it's not there yet.
>
> There's a patch in Bugzilla to fix the problem with interminable
> rescanning, but it hasn't been incorporated yet.  I don't know about the
> other crashes you've experienced--I haven't had a chance to get that far
> yet.
>

>>    d) evo brutus may be the only chance - tho it may not be active, and
>> i was not able to find the required desktop windows server as i
>> mentioned before.
>
> I used to have a link to them, but I don't think it was 42tools.com.
> Nevertheless, that seems to be where most Web links point to, and
> there's no reference to it there.
>

>>   i'd really like to get this going ...
>>
>> gene

Hi

MAPI seems get evolution connected to exchange server, but crashed
frequently. I'd like try Brutus. How to configure Brutus?

In Evolution Account Editor, there is a session 'Brutus Settings', it asks for

Exchange email address
Window Domian
Brutus Server
Brutus Server port

Can someone explain what are these, in particular the brutus server and port?

Thanks