Re: Intel video driver 2.8.1 is available; when in repository?

On 09/24/2009 11:58 AM, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> I too have experienced many problems with the 2.7 intel drivers,
> although the version patched by redhat is far better than what intel
> delivered as 2.7.
> I guess the long list of self-patched issues is also the reason why
> they don't want to simply switch to 2.8.

I think which the lack of compatibility with XAA or EXA and do not
introduce new unknown bugs are the reasons, because the patches in the
rpm from Fedora 12 apply fine in Fedora 11  well except patches 60 and 70

> I am now running Fedora-12, but even there the latest version is
> 2.8.0, instead of 2.8.1.

I make that mistake too, 2.8.0 from git is more recent which the 2.8.1
release (thats only a tag in the intel git repository).

> I decided to compile 2.8.99 myself, and its almost as stable as the
> last pure EXA based release - 2.4, which was for me the best version.

for the past weeks I was running 2.8.1 in my machines is I don't see any
freezes or memory leaks but I only running the Desktop effects from KDE

want to comment the issues which you found in 2.8.0 from Fedora 12?,
because tomorrow will switch to 2.8.0 rpm from Fedora 12 rebuilt for F11

Gabriel

P.D. my issues ( memory leak in X and the ocasional random freeze in X)
were solved with driver 2.8.1, but I will update to 2.8.0 from F12 to
test it