Re: Music Appreciation teaching program ??

On Mon, 2009-09-21 at 04:38 +0930, Tim wrote:
> That was the title to a program on our (Australian) ABC, Classic FM
> station:  http://www.abc.net.au/classic/keys/  Though classical music
> isn't always to the taste of everybody, but the principles behind it
> are
> the underpinning of all other music types, as well.  And it's amusing,
> at times, to find out how some hard core rock artist has some very
> formal classical training in their past.
----
Funny you mentioned ABC because that is how I feel about
music...'Anything But Country' - but seriously, there are all sorts of
trained and untrained musicians but whether a musician has knowledge or
education in classical music is not necessarily important. The Beatles
never knew how to read music.

On the other hand, Genesis, one of my favorite progressive rock bands
had a guitar player (Steve Hackett) and keyboard player (Tony Banks)
with a lot of classical training. Hackett has recorded a lot of
classical guitar and he is incredible.

But I find it hard to believe that anyone actually doesn't like
classical music if they like other forms of music. It is truly
universal.

Craig

believed to be clean.