Re: stop stupidly telling people to do "yum clean all" when it's not necessary

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 2:34 PM, Alan Evans <ame.fedora@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> To clean the data about what's available to yum, simply use "yum clean
>> metadata".
>>
>> People, stop issuing stupid advice.  Yes, it IS "stupid" advice, it's
>> offering things without due thought.  That is what being stupid means.
>
> Well, I'm sorry that I'm stupid. In the future, if I think I might be
> able to help someone, I'll just keep my mouth shut.
>
> Community assistance, indeed.

___

Don't be discourage or the OP will have achieved his goal. It's not the
first time he calls someone stupid on this list. Who know why he feels
entitled to such extreme and why he thinks every time his target will
simply absorb the insult.  Not desirable at all.

Don't give up on helping others. Instead consider citing sources that
backup your statements or a short explanation like "do this... because"
or a warning about what the action might do to a system. Sometimes
it's better to take a bit of time and give a good advice rather than post
pointlessly and respond to every message on this list.

~af