Re: flash cookies

On Tue, 08 Sep 2009 14:47:01 -0700
Joel Gomberg wrote:

> I had this same sad experience at first.  It gets stuck looking for the
> directory where the LSO's [flash cookies] are stored.  Just set it manually from
> the better privacy add-on options menu.  It's
> ~/.macromedia/Flash_Player/#SharedObjects

This issue came to my attention several months ago.  I took the easy way out
when dealing with it on my main computer (this one) and added a line to the
nightly backup script that copies my home directory to my fileserver.

Here is my home directory backup script:

rm -r /home/frankcox/.thumbnails
rm -r /home/frankcox/.macromedia
ccache -C
rsync -av --delete /home/frankcox/ /mnt/fileserver/backup