Re: I'm impressed!

On Fri, Sep 04, 2009 at 16:43:37 -0400,
  Tom Horsley <tom.horsley@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 15:35:44 -0500
> Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>
> > > Just finished swapping in new motherboard with different chipset,
> > > faster cpu (and more cores), more memory, etc.
> >
> > With dracut's initrd-generic?
>
> I have no idea - with whatever a fully updated fedora 11 system
> has :-). There aren't any rpm's on my system with "dracut" in the
> name though, so probably not.

It wouldn't be using dracut.

I would expect a system to normally boot unless there were multiple disks
and the order changed messing up grub. Passed that disks get named by
UUIDs and a lot of hardware detection is done during the boot and things
that are likely to be different aren't likely to be needed in the initial
boot steps.

dracut is supposed to have more drivers built in and should be able to handle
even more hardware changes (within the same architecture).