I'm impressed!

Just finished swapping in new motherboard with different chipset,
faster cpu (and more cores), more memory, etc.

Plugged the disks back in, and it just booted and worked
perfectly. I was expecting to have to fiddle initrd at
a minimum and perhaps even reinstall.

The most drastic thing I had to do was re-generate
the 70-persistent-cd.rules file since the dvd moved
to a different bus on the new motherboard.

Haven't yet tried booting all the different partitions
I have on this thing, but fedora 11 x86_64 survived the
transition like a champ!

Now I should be able to install a Windows XP kvm so
I don't need to boot a separate windows box when I need
windows.