So far I am not impressed with F11

So far F11 has been nothing short of a pain for me. I have had more issues with this one release than I have for all of the preceding releases combined.

The issues begin with sound, at any given moment for apparently no reason all sound including system sounds turn to static. This has been an issue since day one of my fresh install of F11 and I have yet to find a reason for it. I also had the same issue with F10 which is why I skipped F10 on the machine in question and waited for F11. I have asked countless times for help on this issue and gotten no feedback I can't be the only person having this trouble. The only cure is a reboot and even then it's only a temporary fix because its sure to happen again even after periods of time when the computer has been left idle doing nothing.

Next comes the issues with streaming audio or video. Since the update of Firefox 3.1 to 3.1.1 all streaming media (youtube and the like) played through the browser crashes at random points within the stream usually locking up the browser for a period of time and the audio/video does not return to normal. I tried to uninstall Firefox 3.1.1 and reinstall Firefox 3.1 but that did not work Firefox simply ceased to work.

Then comes the issues with the power save feature. After the specified idle time when the monitor goes to sleep it will not come back with any activity via the mouse or keyboard. The only solution seems to be a blind reboot. Defeating all power saving features is the only work around for this issue. Not a fix, but at least the system is still functional.

And last but not least the most recent issue which began last night when rebooting due to the previously mentioned sound issue. Which is that at random gnome panel now refuses to load on user accounts. The system reboots to a normal desktop except no system tray and any panel function ceases to operate leaving the desktop virtually unusable. I have done nothing to the system that would cause this to happen.

I'm at my wits end with F11 as I seem to be the only one with these issues. If anyone has any idea what is going on please feel free to fill me in. I'll gladly file bugs if I knew what to file the bugs against but so far these issues appear without leaving any trace as to why.