Re: In the news: Soon to be published, Skype back-door trojan code?

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Monday 31 August 2009, Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>> Gene Heskett wrote:
>>
>>> Skype has a signup that vz doesn't block, or cannot block.  I have
>>> attempted to sign up for an account with ekiga on at least 4 occasions
>>> now, also twinkle, and the  confirming email which must be replied to
>>> never arrives for any of those services, which prevents a vz sub (only
>>> game in town) from getting to first base.  Which is another reason skype
>>> has a liplock on this. Me, I'd druther sue vz for not being a common
>>> carrier, which they _claim_ to be.  Yeah, sure they are....
>>>
>> Are you saying that vz blocks you from using gmail or yahoo mail so that
>> you can't even use those to sign up for an account with ekiga?
>>

> Yes.  No proof of course other than none of the emails confirming the
> registration and which must be replied to have never been rx'd here.  All
> this took place before I was able to make use of two other accounts I now
> use, one at gmail and one at the tv station.

So, you were able to sign up (register) with ekiga using gmail....
> Ekiga in particular makes it almost impossible to even attempt to re-
> register, so I had to be pretty creative to get ekiga to accept a 2nd and 3rd
> attempt.  Twinkle I gave up on after the 2nd try.

Oh....So you're simply the victim of, in this case, ekiga's poor
registration system and vz poor email system.
> vz, in their attempts to control spam, has decided that these mailing lists
> that have so much traffic have to be spam, and has refused to accept 2 or 3
> of them, forcing majordomo to unsub me, so I have had to switch to gmail for
> some lists.
>
> Call tech support with smoke coming out of both ears, escalate the call 2 or
> 3 times to get to someone who might have a quarter, and they'll of course
> deny it.  To do otherwise confirms they are controlling traffic, and that
> they sleep with M$.  Like I've said, I sure wish there was another game in
> town for that last 30 miles to here, but in WV, it will never happen.
>
> The latest insult is that news services, like cnn or fauxnews or the bbc, are
> all being throttled, so if I want to watch a story without a bunch of 20
> second pauses in a 3 minute package, I'll pause it for a minute or 5 & go
> check email, so it is all downloaded when I unpause it.  msnbc of course
> doesn't suffer from that throttling cuz its M$. File fetching still has
> mostly full speed as those speeds are usually reported by the app pulling the
> file.  And so far, torrents are pretty good if there are enough seeders.

OK....so this is really "rant" about vz.   And somehow vz is "in bed"
with anything M$ cause it supposedly allows MSNBC through....

--
Anything cut to length will be too short. Mei-Mei.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=cCSz_koUhSg