Re: Latest kernel makes wireless connection to WPA2 router fail

b43                   127352  0
ssb                    39572  1 b43
mac80211              199632  1 b43
cfg80211               37088  2 b43,mac80211
input_polldev           3952  2 b43,applesmc

what i don't see is the wl module loaded in your output... perhaps you
are using another driver or something... but it doesn't look like the
driver is there...

i'm pretty sure you need to blacklist the b43 driver... these are the
modules that are blacklist on my mbp:

blacklist bcm43xx
blacklist ssb
blacklist b43
blacklist ndiswrapper

also check to see if these are loaded as they are needed as well for the
wpa encryption:
lib80211                6356  2 lib80211_crypt_tkip,wl
lib80211_crypt_tkip     9296  0

   some error messages from NetworkManager, or wpa_supplicant, that

if your ssid is hidden, network manager will not be able to connect for
some unearthly reason... you might want to use wicd instead, but there
isn't an rpm for it, however it works lovely...

OK, thanks all for your input. I will keep investigating this and see what I come up with.

The best thing for you to do is to open a Bugzilla bug for the kernel component

no need, broadcom's wireless driver is working with the latest kernel...

Yes, having read the replies here I'm pretty certain it's something todo with my setup here rather than the kernel.

best,

Henrik