Re: Latest kernel makes wireless connection to WPA2 router fail

Henrik Frisk writes:

Hi,

I'm running FC11 on a MacBook Pro. After the latest kernel updates (to 2.6.29.6-217.2.16.fc11.x86_64) I cannot connect to my wireless router anymore. If I boot up in the previous kernel it works fine. Any ideas on how I can fix this? The wireless interface on this laptop is a Broadcom Corporation BCM4322.

No problems on this laptop with BCM4311 and the latest kernel.

Generally, a blanket statement that something doesn't work offers very little usable information to work with. At the very least, you should gather some preliminary information yourself, such as:

1) the output of lsmod, to determine whether the b43 kernel module is loaded.

2) various bits of information from /var/log/messages. kernel messages from early in the boot process would report whether or not the kernel module was loaded, and if not why not. Or may be you have some error messages from NetworkManager, or wpa_supplicant, that point towards a clue.