Re: In the news: Soon to be published, Skype back-door trojan code?

On 08/29/2009 03:56 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> on the victum's machine, not something specifically built into Sykpe. Since
> calls are dispatched through central servers and Skype is a US company,
> presumably call record information is being captured by the US, en masse. Some
> other governments probably also get easy access to this data.

I haven't heard any allegations that Skype is forwarding all of its call
records to any government agencies, though it's not unbelievable.

But either way, those call records could certainly be obtained via court
order, in a criminal investigation, or even just a civil lawsuit, if
they exist.