Re: SELinux, F11 issue?

Dave Stevens wrote:
Hi,

I have a dual hard drive setup with F7 on one drive and F11 on the other. Using the new F11 install I can't check my bank account online, something I do a lot.

I only use one install at a time, powering down and changing cables from one drive to the other so that the installs don't interact.

When I first installed F11 I became aware of this issue right away and figured SELinux might be the culprit so I disabled it, using the provided tool. No dice. I don't know what to try now, any suggestions?

The site in question is www.bvcu.com. At the top right is a link with link text "Personal." When in F7 I click that and get to a login page, with F11 I get a server not found error:

"Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www6.memberdirect.net."

Well "www6" conventionally is a web server on an IPv6 address, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. That name resolves to multiple IP addresses, none of which have reverse dns. The addresses belong to multiple owners in multiple countries. I would not expect my bank to outsource servers holding customer account information... The personal account link from the bank goes to a deep link at memberdirect, all other go to bvcu.com addresses.

My thought would be to use tcpdump on each system and see what's happening. I would expect there to be some packet type which is being treated differently, possibly due to a security change or firewall rule. Once you see what's happening you can either fix it yourself or ask a new question.

Comment on your bank's security: having a link to the secure login on an insecure page is bad practice, since most users are unlikely to check the link address or the security certificate, or to notice if there is no security certificate.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>