Re: installation of fedora 11

On Wed, 2009-08-19 at 21:22 +0530, shreyas m wrote:
> i have downloaded fedora 11 from this page
> http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora
> i suppose its correct and written it into a bootable disc

Which file did you use?  DVD, CD, a Live disc...  I'm assuming a live
disc, going from the list below, but I haven't looked at a Fedora 11
live disc to know specifically what's on it.

> i have this files when i open the cd
> EFI,  isolinux , liveos ,GPL ,README
> the problem is that as and when i boot with the disc CALDERA DOS opens
> up from where i cant proceed further
> please assist me to install

The "Caldera" reference baffles me.  Is Caldera something that you've
previously installed on your hard drive, and that's booting instead of
the CD?

Is your computer set up to boot from the DVD/CD drive, before trying to
boot from the hard drive.

More precise details will be needed for someone to assist you.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.