Re: virt-install - Custom Disk layout Missing while instalation

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 15:24:58 +0000
Mohammad Mateen Aslam wrote:

> > IIRC, the text mode installer lost some of these options in F11 (nothing
> > to do with virtualization).
>
> Any solution to this, am i alone in whole community ???

Certainly if I was gonna lose any partitioning options,
I'd keep custom and lose everything else (but that's
just me).

If you have another computer laying around, you might
be able to use the GUI installer via VNC. See

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Options

for all the magical options you can use on the
installer to do things like VNC. Maybe you
could even get GUI installer to work on
native hardware with something like
xdriver=vesa.