Re: Sorting Music by Composer

Ian Malone wrote

Anyone got any better ideas for a program which will deal with a tree of
 composers, with albums as leaves underneath?

Hasn't been written so far as I know.  The "artist - name" model is so
pervasive in music tagging that everyone who listens to classical
music eventually gives up and puts the 'composer' in the artist tag
and performers (if they care) in the album name.

Yes, I just gave up and set up a Playlist for each Composer in RhythmBox, which already treats the composer as the 'Artist', I suppose because that is the tree structure I use.

I quickly read your instructions for Quodlibet. The fact that one has to go through such steps is, I think, adequate evidence that the UIi needs some re-thinking. But I have already trashed the program. When I cannot get a program to do a thing which it clearly must do, but that 5 or 6 different methods or attempts fail to work, then, 'the fault lies not in us'....And it's gone! Forever!

Geoff
Why yes, I do have a low irritation threshold for this sort of thing!