Configuration of 'desktop daemons'

Hello all,

For the last few months I have been running a F10
system which has some binaries renamed to stop them
from being run. These include:

/usr/sbin/console-kit-daemon-RENAMED
/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon-RENAMED
/usr/libexec/gvfsd-RENAMED
/usr/libexec/gvfs-fuse-daemon-RENAMED
/usr/libexec/gnome-vfs-daemon-RENAMED
/usr/libexec/gvfs-gphoto2-volume-monitor-RENAMED
/usr/libexec/gvfs-hal-volume-monitor-RENAMED

Everything still works fine even without dummy
replacements, even gphoto2.

The reason I went to such nonstandard measures are
that I don't run a 'full desktop' but just a window
manager or a very thin desktop such as WindowMaker.
I also don't run gdm but xdm.

Consolekit I don't want since I don't need anyone
managing my 'seats', in particular not a daemon
that creates 63 useless threads. I also don't want
any daemons to interfere with security or permissions -
there are already enough subystems that are doing that.
Consolekit used to be service in previous Fedoras, but
today the only way to stop it seems to remove it.

The others are all related to a desktop I don't use,
and one of them even to a specific application. If
each and every app starts running daemons like this
(even before it is started) we'll end up with a
complete mess.

My question is: where is all of this configured ?
Which process is launching all those daemons ?
I scanned all the scripts used by xdm and X11, and
found no reference to these daemons. They seem to
be hard-coded somewhere, which is *evil*.

TIA,

--
FA

Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.