Re: TightVNC Server

Phillip -- never routinely work as the root user! That is a grave mistake. You should do all your work as an ordinary user. Don't stay logged in as root habitually. I only use root to update the software on my machine, or to change a few settings. In the context of a workday, I only need to do that once or twice daily at most. If there are no updates available for a given day then I don't switch user to root at all.

Bob