Re: Speaking of language support...

On Monday 03 August 2009 18:49:06 Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 01:53:05 +0900
>
> Misha Shnurapet wrote:
> > I like all the languages support in Fedora because I can see a website
> > in whatever language without having to google forums or to read manuals
> > and find suitable packages before that. :)
>
> Odd, I couldn't care less if I can see the "correct" rendering of
> something I can't understand anyway :-).

But what if you *do* understand the language, but are unable to read it
because it's not rendered well by default? I would call that poor language
support, and ask for it to be corrected in the next version of Fedora by
inclusion of appropriate fonts and language support packages.

I also believe the majority of users find it useful, at least those who have
spent enough time in school to learn more than one language. So language
support should be opt-out rather than opt-in. Be happy that at least foreign
languages are not patent encumbered... ;-)

Best, :-)
Marko